Delayed... Again

So my plan was to write a really exciting, and upbeat post to start off this blog; however the gods of airports have conspired against me once again.
After a final carbonara and a suitably teary goodbye, I made my way through security with no trouble. Purchased adapters, and with what I now know to be alarming ease reached the gate. Due to the generally terrible quality of Chinese chocolate I made a snap decision to purchase 1kg of Lindt, this may seem excessive but for 3 months I am going to have to ration this! Unless anyone is feeling particularly generous and wants to send me some..... 


So after an hour of sitting at the gate, where the only diversion was a French family getting very lost and running around like headless chickens, they announced that the plane was delayed til 8:05. 8:05!!!!
This three and a half delay however is not a problem for someone who is now rather experienced at dealing with airlines inadequacies, because they gave me a £5 voucher for 'light refreshment'. I have decided that 'light refreshment' includes alcohol, so I am off to find myself a Cosmo, kindly payed for by BA. If only I didn't have 1kg of chocolate to lug around.....

Comments

Popular Posts