Just chilling!

Thursday was class again, just Evelina and I this time. Laura didn't turn up. Nick didn't have a lesson plan, but this was quite good because Evelina and I got to ask all those pressing questions we had. Such as how do you say 'surf the web' 上网, or 'takeaway' 外卖. Essential words! 
After, Evelina and I decided to mix it up and go somewhere new for lunch. We went to the back lakes where we saw a number of rooftop restaurants. We chose one which had some classic tunes playing. It was as though we'd been sent back 5 years. We had fun with a little bit of dancing though. 


The food options were catering to tourists, but we decided that we should go back one evening as they had a pretty awesome cocktail menu. It's been a horrifically long time since I had a good cosmopolitan, or mojito, ooo or maybe a passion fruit daiquiri! 

Doesn't that look tasty :)

As we were sitting there we saw about 10 different brides go past. There was obviously some kind of photo shoot going on. Each bride had these incredibly white faces though. Talk about a make up line, the colours may be the opposite of England but the lack of blending is the same. The lakes looked very pretty though, and it was nice to sit outside without being crazy hot as it was about 25*C, so amazing! 

You can't really see it in this picture because the iPhones zoom is terrible; but the lotus' are huge and really beautiful. 

Laura told me on Wednesday that she plans to get a bike while she's here. When she first arrived Evelina and I told her to wait a couple of weeks and check out the craziness on the roads here! It's a place where cars drive in the bike lanes (which are separated from the roads by a line of trees), bikes (both pedal and motor) ride on the pavement and pedestrians walk along the road. I even saw a car driving down the pavement the other day. Anyone who cycles in this city is mental, then again just walking down the street here has a certain amount of danger attached to it. 
The smog has also been pretty terrible the past few days. Hovering around unhealthy fairly constantly. Oh yay!! Checking the US embassies has become daily thing for me, I like to know how terrible the air I'm breathing is. 
That evening Leo and I drew monsters then fought with them. I rode away on my horse though. Haha forethought and all that. 


RAWR!


My getaway steed! I shall name him Bob. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts